A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO THE PROFESSIONAL GUARDIAN REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Complete the Professional Guardian course. The course is 40 hours in length.
You can view current class offerings at CE broker https://www.cebroker.com/courses/search. Under COURSE TYPE Click ‚ÄėLive‚ÄĚ under the SUBJECT AREA select ‚ÄúInitial 40 Hour Course‚ÄĚ. Under LOCATION select ‚ÄúFlorida‚ÄĚ. Leave all the other fields blank to see courses throughout Florida. New classes are added as they become available.
- Pass the examination. You must show competency in guardianship by successfully completing the Florida Professional Guardian Examination. The examination is a comprehensive test consisting of multiple choice questions related to best practices in guardianship of the person and estate.
For information about scheduled exams visit the University of South Florida Professional Guardian Examination at http://guardianship.usf.edu or call CREAM Testing Office at (813) 974-2571 or email at FPGE@usf.edu
- Obtain a copy of your credit report. A report from any of the three credit reporting agencies is acceptable. All agencies are required to provide a free report once a year upon request. Must be a complete credit report, not a summary.
To order a credit report, visit annualcreditreport.com, or call 1-877-322-8228.
- Fingerprinting/background check - Fingerprints can be processed locally, go to http://www.identogo.com to find a location in your county. The Statewide Public Guardianship Office will be notified of the results once your fingerprints have been processed.
- Obtain a $50,000 blanket bond. Contact a bonding company in your area.
- Register with the Statewide Public Guardianship Office. You must complete a registration form available here or call 850-414-2381 to have one mailed. There is a $35.00 registration fee required.
- Once all your paperwork is received and processed you will receive a Certificate of Registration & laminated card.
Professional Guardian Registration Status
Professional Guardians Electronic Fingerprinting
Professional Guardian Electronic Fingerprinting Providers: