Health & Wellness
Mission: To foster an environment that promotes well-being for Floridaâ€™s elders and enables them to remain in their homes and communities.
The Florida Department of Elder Affairs collaborates with the Florida Department of Health on senior Falls Prevention initiatives.
Florida Department of Health
Goal Team 3 â€“ Older Adult Falls Prevention
To establish and support collaborative effort to provide statewide direction and focus for falls-related injury prevention for Floridaâ€™s older adults.
Some action plan strategies include:
- Involvement in the implementation and coordination of older adult falls prevention activities.
- Facilitate an annual falls prevention recognition for at least one individual who has demonstrated commitment to older adult falls prevention.
- Research, identify, and disseminate evidence-based interventions and best practices.
- Support the accessibility, training, and/or sustainability for evidence-based interventions and best practices.
- Support public awareness and education activities for older adults falls prevention.
|For more information about this service click on the Florida Health Icon:|
National Falls Prevention Websites
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Council on Aging
For more information about this service click on the CDC icon:
|For more information about this service click on the NCOA icon:|